Bedbugs, Elimination & 1 year Residual
We know that bed bug infestations are a very serious problem and that providing an effective solution
is very important.
A Borrowed Technology
Borrowing familiar medical technology where implant devices are first coated with a polypeptide protein solution
that acts to emulsify the membrane wall of a bacterial or viral agent with which it might come in contact, the
Lab reasoned that this technology might be modified to work against bed bugs, roaches, fleas and ticks and the
other morphologically similar insect pests.
Because polypeptide protein molecules are complex molecules, it was reasoned that they might be modified to react
with the chemistry of the outer waxy layer of these morphologically similar insects. Because the reactive
process is a “mechanical” process where the waxy outer layer body part is actually emulsified and removed,
the evolution of a resistant or immune strain is unlikely and works on all known strains. Resistance has
developed to most toxins because these agents only interfere with an organ’s function.
At the same time, because the protein is designed to react with the specific chemistry of the insect’s outer layer,
and since human beings and other mammals are not possessed of the same chemical structure, that is, they don’t
have waxy outer layers, the proteins are not harmful to people, their mammal pets or the environment.
Bed Bug Biology
- Adult Bed Bugs can go without feeding for 12 months all the while hiding under carpeting, between
walls, and in ceiling and floor joists.
- Bed Bugs eggs hatch in 10-15 days and the nymphs emerge hungry.
- Bed Bugs can hide in spaces the thickness of a credit card.
Why yesterday’s technology won’t work.
- Bed Bugs have boosted their natural defenses with enzymes - Ohio State University.
- Bed Bugs now 250 times more resistant to standard chemicals and have evolved 3 significant biochemical
defenses against common pesticides - New York City Housing Authority.
- You must use a pesticide that has a residual - Mississippi Dept of Health.
Most Pest Control Companies are not equipped to solve and prevent
The Science ... and how it works.
Applied Science Labs is a U.S.A. based, task
oriented research and development company. We also manufacture certain proprietary products.
We knew as a result of our experience in medical implant technologies that complex protein chains have
the ability to destroy membrane walls in virus and bacterial agents.
Because the protein molecule chains are long and complex we reasoned that these same molecules could be
modified to emulsify the waxy outer layer of the bed bug thereby causing it to quickly dehydrate and die.
At the same time such a chemical action would be harmless to human beings and would be of no harm to the
- VA88 and Glow Guard are technological breakthroughs that have come
as a direct result of our search for a 100% nontoxic and environmentally friendly end to Bed Bug
infestations that are without odor, do not stain and are easily applied.
- Strong residual. Because Bed Bugs are not drawn to a bait, to be reliable there must be a strong
residual because 60% of Bed Bug infestation is in the form of eggs hidden under carpets and in the
spaces between walls and floors. Without a residual several repeat treatments and often the complete
replacement of carpet and furnishings is required. This is both expensive, uncertain and unnecessary.
100% Nontoxic & 1yr Residual
No Odor & 1yr Residual
No Stains & 1yr Residual
- VA88 kills on contact and at the same time provides a preventive that leaves a properly treated
area materially free of future infestation for up to a year.
- Glow Guard prevents infestation where no infestation now exists and keeps it that way for a year.
- These are tremendous technical advantages without which elimination is nearly impossible and very expensive.
- Because these products are 100% nontoxic, do not harm employees, guests or your property it is
economically and efficiently applied.
What the experts say –
Dr. Reinhardt University in Germany -
“Simply spraying of pesticides will not be
enough now or in the future.”
Dr. Michael Siva Jothy University of Sheffield -
“Bed Bugs can survive pesticide
levels a thousand times greater than the lethal dose a decade or so ago.”
Dr. Mike Potter University of Kentucky -
“Bed Bugs sampled at half-dozen US
locations are immune to DDT.”
Dr. Jeffrey Brown – “Get a product that is 100% nontoxic, kills on contact and has a residual.”
Many Pest Control Companies Either Don’t Know or Aren’t Equipped To Solve The Problem!
VA 88TM and Glow GuardTM
have been shown to provide
- “100% mortality...”
- “Is 100% nontoxic to human beings and made from elements Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS)
according to EPA’s published reports.”
- “Provides residual lethality ...”
--- Jeffrey K. Brown, Ph.D., R.P.E., B.C.E., American Academy Of Entomological Sciences
Read our product testimonials
Far less expensive than either heat or freezing, more environmentally safe than any toxic
spray and because it works and has residual far more effective than any other product any where.
VA 88 arrives sealed
Read Product Labels:
Get Free PDF Reader
VA-88 Product Label Details
Glow Guard Product Label Details
To order, call 682-554-6575
Why Bedbugs Won't Die
Wall Street Journal article
Bed Bug Action Plan &
What Travellers Need To Know
Spraying baseboard harborage
Do not forget bed frames
Bed Bugs under mattress
Bed Bugs hiding behind light socket
Dead Bugs in the floor
Do not forget to treat mattress
Bed Bug on pillow, needs treating